Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hump Day Happies.....

 
Today marks the beginning of the Lenten season.  I love Lent....it sounds weird but I really do look forward to it every year.  This year I'm not only giving something up, but I am adding something as well.  In addition to the Lenten promise I have made, I will work to make sure my children understand the true purpose of giving something up for Lent.  It's not about walking around exclaiming to all who will listen what you have "given up". Lent is about conversion, turning our lives more completely over to Christ and his way of life.   
So today I am happy because I started the day in Mass with my mother and sister.  Today I was reminded how blessed we are.  

Have a wonderful Wednesday!        

3 comments:

  1. so what is it that you are giving up?? soda again?? because we know what a TRUE sacrifice that was for you. seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I didn't make it to church for Ash Wed this year. I enjoy Lent too and everything you said is so true.

    I was contemplating giving up swearing but it is not going so well. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Alice, does it ever get tough being such an awesome mommy?!?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)