Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hump Day Happies...Family Shenanigans

I have a Love/Hate relationship with my husbands employer.  One of the things I hate is that my husband works most Saturdays so I spend a lot of time being a "single mom" or at least it feels that was sometimes. (mad props to single moms cause that ish is hard!)

Once a month my husband has a Saturday off and if we're REALLY lucky we have NO plans! No parties, no football/baseball games, no cheer competition, no dance performance. It's GREAT and we make the most of it!! This past Saturday was one of those days and it was BEAUTIFUL in Sunny Diego!!! 

We spent the whole day together despite the migraine that tried to kill me.  I won suckah!!!! 


We started off with a hike up Cowles Mountain.
Note to self....never go with them again.  I really thought I was going to throw up this time.  It was so damn hot and they were moving at warp speed. 
Don't let the smile fool you....I was crying inside. :) On the way down the mountain there was a girl who fell and hurt her ankle.  I felt really bad...there were people who were trying to help her, but I guess it just hurt too much because the fire fighters and paramedics arrived when we got to the bottom.  They had to go up there and help her...in their full gear....and it was HOT yo! She was at least a mile up the mountain.  Poor them!  


After showers we got ready and headed to my favorite place...
Old Town San Diego. 
 There is so much to see and do here I never get tired of it. They have stagecoach days right now with tons of activities.  

If you're ever in town holla and we'll share one of these...
when I say share I'm talking about sharing the experience. 


After walking around and enjoying the sights we headed home to get refreshed (and take a 30 minute nap to beat the migraine).  

We decided to end the night at the movies so we made a dash to 7-11 to pick up movie snacks. 

We went to see TED.  Yes I took my kids (and the brother in law) to see TED.  That's not even the worse part....I can't even tell you the worse part as least not until I know for sure I can't be arrested. 

What's making you happy on hump day??? 

ADIOS!! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha I want to know what the worst part was! I can't believe that the poor firemen/EMT's had to go all the way up there! I would make myself hobble down. Looks like a good Saturday with the fam!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)