Thursday, September 3, 2009

When I grow up I wanna be famous…


Actually, I have no idea what I want to be. Isn't that sad? I am 3 months and some change away from my 30th birthday and I have no idea what I want to do career wise. As I've said many a time before I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mother….other than that I'm at a loss. The "career" I've been in for the past 9 years is one I used to be passionate about. Maybe it's the place I work now that makes me not want to do it anymore…or maybe I'm just over it. Other than the fact that I NEED my paycheck I have NO motivation to do my job. None. None at all.


So, give me some ideas…what do you think I would be good at? Remember, it needs to make a decent amount of money so I can help provide for my family…cause let's face it a girls' gotta eat…and so does her husband, and her kids and her dog. J


Let's compile a list shall we? We shall.


  1. Teacher – let's be honest kids are punks sometimes. Am I strong enough not to smack them? I don't know.




  2. Marriage/family counselor – How long will this take? Can I afford to go to school forever and a day? Will I cry like I do with my friends when they come to me for advice? I don't know.





  3. Nurse – Will I have to clean poop? Prolly. And again…how long will this take? There is a like a 2-4 year wait for nursing programs at JC's maybe I'll just get on the list in case. :D





  4. Aesthetician – Most of the time the money making days are the weekends….I need my weekends for my family. Right now it's just fun to do it on the side…hhmmm.





  5. Trophy Wife :D – really my most favorite so far. If I could spend my entire day jus' working to look good for my man I would be "BANGIN'" heehee





  6. Please add more! Cause none of these are jumping out at me. Or…do you think it's just the place I work and I need to stick to what I've been doing but find a new place to work? Help me!!


4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same position as you are my friend... I'm a flippin' Jack of All Trades, Master of None! hahaha...But we do have one thing in common, we know how to be the boss! So maybe go into business for yourself...you love make up, so why not do something w/ that on the side for now and see where it goes??? I'm hoping to actually take some courses in business next spring....or at least just to start college again and see what calls out to me...but I'd say be your own boss ;) Good luck friend...in the mean time, if you can find a new job (same line of work) you should...I know how it feels to like your job but hate the place you work at...let me know how it goes! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to start a new career. sometimes you do have to deal with school and a wait. look at me I've been going to college since we graduated High School! took time off here and there, but I'm still going. I'll probably be going another two years because i want a higher degree than what a jc can give me. It took me awhile to decide too and still I question it cuz it's so hard to get a job in the field I want. You have to do something that you're passionate about though or you'll continue to feel like you do right now. There are tests you can take too that supposedly give you ideas of what you'd be good at. Good Luck and keep us posted! ;) xoxo
    oh yea there's UEI or Kaplan that have two years or less programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. be who you are- CELEBRITY HEIRESS BLOGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you should get an Aesthetics license like me but focus on the makeup aspect of it. You could be a rep for a line and travel around putting makeup on ppl and explaining the products and what they do. Cause you're amazing at making ppl pretty! :) I wanted to move to Cali and work at a hotel spa or something, wouldnt that be tight?!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)