It's Thanksgiving!! I am cooking dinner for half of my family. We can't all be together this year...but those of us who can will eat enough to make up for those that can't make it. :D
Lest you forget
I'm preparing a dinner for about 15 people. I'm making a 20 pound turkey, ham, stuffing from scratch and a whole lot of sides. Good times will be had.
So here is a small list of what I am Thankful for this year. I kept it to 10 cause I'm sure you all have meals to prepare and eat. :D
1. I am Thankful for my life. God has blessed me with another year to spend with my family. Another year to bring together the family we only get to see once a year. I am thankful that I still have a place setting at the table.
2. I am Thankful that I grew up a Daddy's girl. Thay each Thanksgiving I spent it with my Dad in the kitchen learning all his "secret recipes". Now that he is no longer with us...I can cook everything they same way he did and it's like he's still here with us and my kids get to know a little about the Grandpa they never met.
3. I am thankful for my Mother who is strong beyond words. Who taught me how to be a wife, a mom and a friend. My mother who leads by example in her life, love and faith. If I can be half the woman she is I'll be way ahead of the game.
4. I am thankful for my Children who inspire me to be a better person on the daily. Whose laughter and smiles wipe away a bad day. Who love to cuddle and who knock on the door constantly while I'm tryin' to do my bizness...reminding me that I'll never be alone. :D
5. I am thankful for My Rock. The love of my life, the man of my dreams, the father of my children. I am thankful that after 12 years we still love each other...more now than ever. I'm thankful that he has always been by my side through the good and the bad. I am thankful that he doesn't mind if I swoon over fictional characters cause he knows he's the only one who I put my ice cold feet on at night.
6. I am thankful for my family and friends. I couldn't ask for a better support group than my family and my friends who are family in every way but blood. I know with them I'll never cry alone or laugh alone. Someone is always there.
7. I am thankful for my home. I'm thankful God has allowed us to provide for our family. I'm thankful that I have doors to open in welcome to visitors. That my home is never quiet because it's filled with love and laughter of all those who pass through.
8. I am thankful for my blog friends and for Bangin' Hot Book Boys Club because of you I will have something to do next month when I am laid-off. I won't even have time to be sad that I am jobless because you all will keep me entertained. I just know it.
9. I am thankful for AT&T U-Verse for keeping my recordings safe. All 83 of them. Trust that I will get to them all in due time. Thank you U-verse for allowing me to watch my recordings in any room of the house. For allowing 4 recordings at once so no more blood is shed over whether we watch UFC or Grey's Anatomy. Yes My Rock was tired of bleeding.
10. I am thankful for Jacob's smokin' hot abs.
Lest you forget