Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Sorry I have been MIA this week.  It's been cray.  My emotional day of Friday didn't get any better.  

Having a baby really hurts.  I know that.  Been there, done that.  But seeing it from the other side just brings it all into perspective.  It was really hard seeing my best friend in so much pain and knowing there was nothing I could do to help.  Now I know how my poor husband felt all those years ago.  

Me and my bestie at her baby shower.  I am standing on the stairs so I can look as tall as her.  She has 7 inches on me. :S


At 2:13am after 13 hours of labor my best friend gave birth to Ms. Sophia who weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces.  Besides her parents, I was the first person to hold her. <3 font="font">

Please keep in mind it was 3:45am in this picture. :)

My friend kept saying that she was in a lot of pain and it didn't feel like the other times (This was baby #4...crazy right? lol) and she was right.  The next day (ok 6 hours later) things got even worse.  She was losing a lot of blood and had to be taken to the OR.  It was a scary time for us all. I won't go into all the details but with surgery, a blood transfusion and tons of prayers she came out ok.  After 5 days in the hospital she is now home with the baby and resting.

I spent everyday at the hospital helping my friend where I could so I haven't had much time for anything else.  Now that she is home I can breathe a sigh of relief! :D  God is Good!! 



4 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad your bestie is home now with Baby Sophia! :) sending my xoxoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 pounds is a big ole baby! Much love to your friend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)