Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Real life soap operas



Do you remember when Soap Opera’s used to be so popular?  Everyone had their favorite.  General Hospital, As the World Turns, Days of Our Lives, One Life to Live, even Passions was popular for a blink of an eye.  It’s said that reality TV killed soap operas.  I’m here to tell you that is a lie.  Facebook did it.  With the candlestick.  In the library.

Why would you sit in front of your TV to watch fake made up drama when you can log into Facebook and see real life drama right before your eyes? I mean yes it’s irritating to see all those “gym” check-ins, we’ll just call those the commercials.   

Yesterday was one of those days.  I couldn’t believe the drama unfolding right before my eyes.  It was shocking at first, then funny, then sad, then back to shocking.  I know it’s not nice to be all up in someone else’s business…but hello!?!?! THEY put it out there for the WORLD to see.  (all posts have now been deleted, but that doesn’t mean screen shots sent via text to friends don’t still exist. Just sayin’)  I don’t think people realize that once it’s out there….it’s out.  There is no going back and pretending it didn’t happen. 

The saddest part about all that happened is that their kid got involved.  It always breaks my heart when kids are in the middle of their parents’ drama.  Part of me thinks the posts that were coming from the “kid” are really written by the mom.  I don’t know what’s worse.  Either way, it was bad all around.
In a nut shell, the dad cheated on the mom with her friend.  The kid put a picture of the “friend” on FB and told everyone she was a home wrecker and lots of other colorful descriptive words.  Lots of comments were made on the kids post by adults.  It was a hot mess.

I still don’t understand why people feel the need to put ALL their drama on Facebook?  Why would you pretend to be your child and post non-sense? Or worse yet, why would you not monitor what your child puts on facebook?  The world may never know…unless of course you put it on Facebook. 


3 comments:

  1. argh. while yes, it is indeed entertaining...its even more unnecessary. hell, if you read my FB posts - you'd think I was a gourmet chef, A+ student, Mom of the Year award recipient with a penchant for karaoke and photography sessions. oh wait....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! I can't even believe that!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)