Monday, June 18, 2012

A Spicy Father's Day


I love to watch cooking shows.  I’ve made an actual recipe from a cooking show maybe twice :(   Yesterday I tried my hand at another one and it came out pretty good.  I’ll be making these again.

We went to a Father’s Day pool Party at my Bestest Friends house.  There was going to be some macho Dads there who like their food like they like their women….HOT! :)

My first attempt at Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon

First I rinsed off the jalapenos and put them directly on the grill.  You’ll have to flip them a few times to make sure they get cooked on all sides.

While those are charring on the grill I mixed up the stuffing.  You can use whatever suits you, but I went with cheese.  I mixed Mozzarella with a pinch of salt, pepper and a little bit of oregano.  I don’t ever really measure stuff out when I cook.  Weird I know.

 Once the jalapenos were all charred up I made a slit up the middle and a small one at the top (like a small T) to make it easier to remove the seeds (which are what make a jalapeno HOTTER).  I used a small spoon to scrape all the seeds out.

Then I stuffed them generously with the cheese mix.  They get wrapped up so don’t worry about over filling. 

Then I wrapped them up in bacon.  In hindsight I would have wrapped them tighter and used 1 and ½ pieces of bacon per bite.  I forget how bacon shrivels up when in cooks. 

 Then I put them back on the grill.  A lot of them caught fire and there was cheese coming out of some of them.  I really think wrapping tighter is the key.

They smelled delicious!! Once they cooled a little bit I cut them in half to make them more like poppers.  They were spicy!!! The half that were closer to the stem were the hottest.  Maybe I missed some seeds.  Oopsie! 

 They were a HIT!! The Dads loved them and so did everyone else.  
Let me know if you try these!

ADIOS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your thoughts!! :)